ARC OF THE FRIENDSHIP OF NATIONS
City:
Kiev
Address:
Parkova Rd, Kiev, 02000
Built:
1982
This attraction is included in the following city tours
Kiev Attractions tour
От
110
94
83
2878

The monument is dedicated to the unification of Ukraine with Russia, which occurred in 1654. Once the monument was decorated with two inscriptions: "In commemoration of the reunification of Ukraine with Russia" and "Built in the year of the 60th anniversary of the formation of the USSR", but because of later historical events, both inscriptions removed. From the observation deck next to the Arch opens a chic look.

In 1982, in the Khreschaty Park on the site of the Summer Stage, which was moved to the Mariinsky Park, was erected a sculptural composition in honor of the unification of Ukraine with Russia. The composition consists of a giant metal arch and two sculptural groups.

The central object in the composition is the monument of the Friendship of the Nations, which about 6 meters high. It was dedicated to the unification of Ukraine with Russia and is depicted as two workers - a Ukrainian and a Russian hold the ribbon with the order "Friendship of Nations" raised above their heads.

Nearby is a multi-figure sculpture based on the Pereiaslav Rada (a meeting of representatives of the Zaporozhye Cossacks headed by Hetman Bogdan Khmelnitsky. The Rada was held in January 1654 in Pereyaslav, where was made the decision to unify the territory of the Zaporozhye Army with the Russian kingdom, enshrined in the oath of allegiance to the tsar). In its center are Bogdan Khmelnitsky and Vasily Buturlin, the Russian ambassador.

The sculptural group is connected by a rainbow arch, which, according to the plan of its creators, was supposed to symbolize the unity of fraternal nations: Ukrainians and Russians.